Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Monday 2 January 2012

Pennington Flash

The forecast for this morning (for once) was for sunshine and no rain. So, I decided to get myself over to Pennington Flash in Leigh to try and catch up with the Scaup that had been reported recently. When I arrived at 8.30, there it was, close to the car park where previously reported. Doing what most other sane people do at that hour. Sleeping.
Light wasn't great, and then as the sun came up it didn't make it any easier really. But there is one picture below, more for record purposes. The Scaup is quite a bit bigger than the Tufted Duck although very simiar in looks. Rather than a black back, it has a greyish look, and no tuft.
There were lots of Widgeon, Goldeneye, Shoveler and Tufted Ducks. A couple of Kingfishers gave good views, proving that patience pays dividends. As usual from the Bunting Hide there were plenty of finches and a couple of Willow Tits too.
The Flash never dissapoints, and I managed to see 31 different species today.

Scaup, with Tufted Duck behind.


Mute Swan, giving me evils.


Bullfinch (regularly found from the Bunting Hide)

Canada Geese



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.