Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Sunday 12 February 2012

Grey Plover

A trip to Elton Reservoir on Saturday for a Grey Plover proved very successful. Not a common species in the North West it is usually confined to the coast whilst wintering in this country. I found the bird working it's way along the shoreline looking for food. It would also regularly make it's way onto the grassy verges in it's search. Accompanying the Grey Plover were two Dunlin, which in comparison are a very small wader and also usually found on the coast. A good mornings birding for two lovely birds.

Grey Plover in winter plumage


Snow still on the ground. Roll on Spring.

The Dunlin. 



This shot shows the difference in size between the two. Dunlin being quite a lot smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.