Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 20 September 2013

The Snipe - Titchwell Norfolk

I managed to get some decent shots of one of my favourite wading birds, the Snipe. I've found it very difficult to get close enough in good light without too much vegetation to take anything worth while so far. At Titchwell though I found one very obliging bird just outside one of the hides. The sun came out too, to make it even better. I love the markings on these birds, the head shape, the length of the bill, everything. Add to that the fact that they are hard to spot sometimes and it all adds up to something very interesting for me.
Here are a few shots that I got.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds and great shots, Adam!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that 2nd photo is outstanding!!! I don't think I've ever seen one here. A bit jealous now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely captures of this interesting bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bill is so long it seems like it would interfere with the balance of the Snipe. This is one impressive series of captures. So clear and full of color. Beautiful photography. genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lovely series of shots of this usually elusive bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice the snipe decided to pose for you. They do have lovely markings, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those snipe too, Adam. You captured them in beautiful light and show lots of action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing variation of earthy tones and patterns on the feathers of this bird. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.