Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Friday 15 August 2014

Tree Pipit

Tree Pipits put on a great show in the Spring time. Singing loudly and proudly as they display at the tops of trees with some parachuting thrown in for good measure. These birds winter in Africa and Southern Asia, so they'll soon be off on their travels. Hopefully this one I found in the Goyt Valley will have had a successful breeding season.

Unfortunately, the day I saw this bird there was little sunlight, so the colours don't really do them justice.

Look as those long hind claws, although not as long as the Meadow Pipits.


15 comments:

  1. A beautiful bird! And wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great photos but I love the one of him singing his little heart out in the third picture. I wonder why they have such long hind claws!
    Regards from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots - I especially like the one of him singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees look like sculptures as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful bird, gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing your post with Saturday's Critters. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to hear that singing bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a sharp looking bird, nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty bird! Lovely shots despite the grey day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, I like pipits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shots of him perched on that gnarled branch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful- I don't know this bird. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bird, I've never seen one before. I like the photo of him singing especially. Thanks for sharing, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful....one species I've never seen. Great photo compositions too Adam.

    Thanks for sharing your link this weekend at the Bird D'Pot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS....thanks Adam for paying me a visit to my Camera Critters post and my 'fence birds'.

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shots of the bird. He's quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.