Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Let me know when that tide's coming in won't you

Thursday 18 December 2014

A Robin at Christmas

I think the one bird that I and many associate with Christmas (apart from a Turkey) is the Robin. I've had plenty just recently outside my window and I've tried to capture them at numerous times in a nice Christmassy pose (if that makes sense). I'd failed miserably. Until Monday when I was off and looking for birds far more exciting. This little chap just appeared feet away from me, clearly checking me out to see what I was up to. So I just let him carry on his business and me mine and we enjoyed a good few minutes together. I think we were both happy. Me with my pictures and he was happy I was not causing any disturbance.
Merry Christmas Mr Robin and thanks for the pose.

 

 

19 comments:

  1. I think European Robins are such pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very bird that says "Christmas" in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. The robin is a lovely bird! Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is SO sweet! thanks for the lovely fence percher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a Beautiful Robin and your takes nice. A Perfect sitting for you in the Christmas Time upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, such a plump, sexy little bird...:)
    love your photo....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty Robin. Gorgeous photos..
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post to my critter party.. Have a happy weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice Robin pictures Adam. Robins do give us photographers a chance when their curiosity gets the better of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful!!!! A wonderful celebration of life and robins this week!! Perfect for the holiday season.

    Thanks for sharing your link at The bird d'pot!!! And have a glorious Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos of the cute robin! It's one of my favorite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's just the sweetest thing! great photos, Adam! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classic image at this time of year - just needs a bit of snow and a few berries!

    Hope you have a good Christmas.

    cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous little bird!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments as much as I enjoy taking the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.